Friday, August 13, 2010

what.a.week.

I'm just saying.

Watching your oldest walk in to 1st grade and then the very next day delivering a dear dear dear friend to the airport. Not just for a vacation, but for a move some 900 miles away.

Reality sometimes hurts.

So, here I am. On the verge of tears at ANY minute. Wishing with all that is in me that I can take back that moment of seeing Jamie walk away. Erase the HORRIBLE heaving cries that occurred afterwards (Shannon, you know the kind!) and just go back to life like it was...

Then you hear that still, quiet voice...

"I am in control. I have this. I truly do. YOU can't do for her what I can."

Then this scripture comes to mind...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28


So, this is for real. We stand on this edge - about to make a choice - do we BELIEVE that - or don't we?

That's the thing. I KNOW it, it is just sometimes so hard to make your mind think what your heart knows. YOU KNOW?

I know you know :-).

So to Jamie - I thank you and will continue to thank you...

... for asking the hard questions
... for praying WITH me, FOR me and BESIDE me
... for allowing me in to your innermost thoughts
... for being the friend i wish all girls had
... for loving on my kids so very very very much
... for trusting me with yours
... for making me rely on God instead of people
... for loving me unconditionally
... for allowing Jesus to shine through you
... for not being petty
... for always being hopeful
... for making me a better me



I'm so thankful Texas is not Japan. So thankful for phones. So thankful for texting (thank goodness you all finally did that). So thankful for airplanes. So thankful for skype. So thankful for email.

I still miss you here though.

No comments: