Monday, February 20, 2006

Hello everyone :-).

Not much going on, but Jason is out of town this week and really wants to have a posting each day, so I'll try my best!

We had a good day today just getting the house in shape and running errands, plus being silly and branching out with PAINT! We haven't used real paint yet, I don't know why, but we just hadn't. I think I was afraid of the mess we would make. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

First of all, here is Riley playing in the exersaucer (or "office" as Lauren Clay's is called). It was funny b/c we've been hanging out with Jack and Lauren Clay and I guess they make playing in there look like SO MUCH FUN. So, as you can see, Riley is practically on his knees. He was in there for a good 30 minutes. Hilarious! Oh, and yes, for those of you that don't know, Riley LOVES hoods - so, if we are ever out and about he would like to keep his hood on, even when we are back inside. It cracks me up. So I wasn't being negligent and he wasn't having a bad hair day (that was for those of you with the great imagination, like Missy :-)).

Here's a picture of our event for the night - the painting. We found these Crayola paintbrushes with paint inside them at Walmart - it said NO MESS on them, so I thought it was worth a try. Well, as we all know nothing is NO MESS when it comes to a 2 year old, but we actually did pretty good! Thanks to Shannon's mom for the white apron that she gave me at one of the Pampered Chef parties - it was great! Riley would just wipe his hands on it when they got covered with the paint. After one wash it will be white again :-). We did about 10 drawings and there was still a lot of paint left in the paintbrushes. Muri, have you tried these?

That's it for today - hope you all have a good night, and hopefully I'll post again tomorrow!

1 comment:

pottsfamily said...

I havent' tried them...Need more info on what they are and where to get them please. Looks like something I need for my paint crazed kids.

Love the pics in the saucer. Isn't it funny how older kids love to play with baby stuff. Mine did it when riley was a baby. He looks so cute in the apron painting. Hope Jason enjoys them.