Friday, April 23, 2010

YARDsale :-)






Sitting here, watching the daddy duck walk back and forth on the driveway, awaiting those die hard garage sale shoppers come and check out the goods we have in the garage for sale. It's a rainy, rainy day here, but it's so fun to sit here and just talk to those coming in...

A friend came over late last night to bring some goods and something that she said has been ringing in my mind. We've all heard it before...

"one person's trash is another's treasure"

Which is so true, so true...

Two things: one, it made me think about what I treasure... Lately I have noticed how much I hold on to "things" - like nostalgic things - doesn't matter if it's in the attic, I know that it's there if I need it. But why? I don't really know - I just know that I have been letting go of "things" lately - and it is freeing.

Two, isn't that quote kind of like God sees us? Even when we think we have trashed a relationship in our life, when we messed up in that area AGAIN, when we fail to overcome, don't we sometimes feel like trash? What about when you feel that you aren't "good enough" for that one person to invest in, you don't have anything to offer because really, what is so special about you? But you know what? God sees us and treats us as a treasure!!! Because HE is in us, we are valuable!!! 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

We are never NOT ENOUGH for Him to LOVE US unconditionally. Isn't that so nice to know? Ok, better get back to the garage sale on a rainy day... Enjoy your Friday! :-)

No comments: