Friday, August 24, 2007

MastersSERIEStennis - CincinnatiOH

So sorry that it's taken me so long to get this posted - there were so many pictures, I think I was dreading going through all of them! We had a great time watching tennis and we made some great memories. I'll start with the posting of the collage of pictures - if you want to see close ups, just email me and I'll forward them on. Sorry Muri - we didn't get any close ups of Roddick this year because he got beat too early!!! :-)



Jason and I decided it would be fun to give you all some quotes from our Cincinnati trip... so, here goes!!!
- "That was Fedilicious" - from the young man in the right hand side picture above. He was SUCH a Federer fan!
- "Well, I went to get a Hoagie sandwich for dinner, but the lady serving them didn't have any teeth, so I didn't get one. I decided instead to stop at Bigg's and get a can of soup." This quote was from Connie, of Connie and Carl, that we had the pleasure of meeting last year. We found them again this year and had a great time visiting and watching some quality tennis with them in their very nice seats in the shade!
- "You had a great match today", said Jason Uhls. Of which Lleyton Hewitt replied as he was reaching to shake Jason's hand, "Thank you, man." In case you all are wondering, yes, this is the second time that we have run in to Lleyton Hewitt at the Cheesecake Factory after a loss in this tournament. Comfort food for him, I guess!
- As we were weaving through the parking lot (aka a golf course) to find a parking place, we found one and parked a little crooked b/c we wanted to get to the match (we were running late, much to my husband's chagrin) the man that parked next to us walked behind Jason's truck, looked at Jason and said, "You went to UK so you'll park however in the h*** you want to." He said this with a huge smile on this face??? We couldn't figure out if he went to UK or what - we just smiled back!
- Connie, as mentioned earlier, commented on one of the tennis players (can any of you guess who?), "That boy has a shelf for a butt, you could put two trays back there." HEHE!!!

Now to start a new tradition...
You have to reply with some little tid-bit of yourself...



... you'd know that I LOVE to read rhyming books aloud - like Dr. Seuss books... I could read them all day long!

7 comments:

Shannon Sampson said...

If you like rhyming books, you need to get the Rhyme Bible. It's super cute. Lauren Clay is INTO it right now. This link may not work, but I'll try...

http://www.amazon.com/Rhyme-Bible-Storybook-Toddlers-Sattgast/dp/0310700787/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/105-0633118-9995602?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187988840&sr=8-2

pottsfamily said...

I love to sing karaoke. Especially country music. He he

Love the pic of Federer. I can't wait to visit to see them all. Sounds like you had a great time. Glad you had a great birthday.

Us! said...

i can crawl in a book and make the rest of the world disappear. much to the chagrin of my family. mel forbids me to read when i am home unless she is sleeping.

Mary Beth said...

I adore anything written by Jane Austen.

mandy said...

hey mrs giggles! i just re-discovered your blog and am excited. don't you love how mary beth is blogging too? the boys are already so much bigger than they were earlier in the summer!!!! :( when are we going to see you all again? we really really enjoyed it and promised ourselves we were going to call you all in a couple of weeks to plan something. did that happen? no! ah, the beautiful busyness (how do you spell that? being busy?) hope to see you all again soon!

DonaldsonFamily said...

I love staying up late at night and I love getting up early in the morning. How weird is that?

Dana said...

i am always drinking what??????
diet coke, fountain style, please!!!
you are so fun! HEHE!!